- How Does Cellcontrol Work?
- Cellcontrol uses a patent pending technology to determine the movement of a car and enforce how a teen or other family driver can use a phone when driving based on a policy defined by the parents.
- Why is Cellcontrol better than other Distracted Driving solutions?
- Only Cellcontrol connects the driver with the car, and then blocks usage whenever the car is moving. Without this connection, which is the only accurate way to determine that the car is moving and the driver is driving, other solutions only determine that the phone is moving.
- What if my driver has an emergency, can they make a call?
- Yes. Cellcontrol ALWAYS allows for emergency calls to 911. In addition, a parent or administrator can define a “White List” of phone numbers that can be called at any time.
- Does Cellcontrol require pairing to Bluetooth?
- No. Our patent pending technology uses Bluetooth for a signal but does not require a Bluetooth pairing. Without a need for pairing, multiple devices can be covered at one time without any channel conflict or interference. No pairing required also means no “opting out” by not pairing at all!
- What cell phones will Cellcontrol work with?
- Cellcontrol works with all Androids, Blackberries and most Windows mobile phones. In addition, we cover many of the newer feature-phones sold now, particularly those using the Brew operating platform. We anticipate having iPhone coverage shortly – check back soon for updates!
- Will Cellcontrol work in every car?
- Cellcontrol supports all cars and light trucks manufactured since 1996.
- Will Cellcontrol work in Class A vehicles, like over the road trucks or heavy equipment?
- Coming soon
- Does Cellcontrol block when I turn the car on?
- Cellcontrol will not block simply because you turn the car on. Our service determines exactly when the car is in motion (forwards or backwards) and applies policy (blocking) based on actual vehicle movement. This focus on movement allows a phone to be used normally whenever the vehicle is in a safe, non-moving state, even if the engine is running.
- Can I use Cellcontrol with a handsfree enabled car or handsfree device?
- Yes. Our solution allows for other Bluetooth pairings such as handsfree, address book sharing, and data streaming to safely take place all while Cellcontrol is protecting your teen. In fact, your policy can be set up so that the phone can be used ONLY when handsfree is also being used.
- Can Cellcontrol be configured to block more than one phone in the car at one time?
- Yes. Our patent pending Bluetooth technology allows for a single mobile device or multiple mobile devices to be blocked if needed. Cellcontrol also works with laptops, handhelds and tablets.
- What will happen if my driver removes the Cellcontrol trigger from the car?
- Cellcontrol notifies the administrator when the driver has tampered with the solution and of any attempts to disable.
- Can my driver delete the phone application?
- The Cellcontrol service has countermeasures built in to detect system tampering. Notifications will be sent directly to the administrator when there are attempts to delete the application or disable the service.
- Can my driver disable Bluetooth on the phone?
- Cellcontrol will not allow Bluetooth to be disabled for any period of time.
- Why is Cellcontrol better than other GPS Distracted Driving solutions?
- GPS-based solutions are subject to GPS signal acquisition problems, signal latency, and significant battery drain.
- GPS-based solutions only determine movement of the phone, not the vehicle.
- GPS-based solutions produce many false positives caused by riding as a passenger in a car or bus.
People Who Love Cellcontrol
I've switched over to Cellcontrol. Easier to install. Much better product. Parent enters admin controls from a website. Our children's safety is worth the cost.
Excerpt from Review | D. Wright Simsbury, CT – Amazon.com user
Sign Up to Learn More